Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Tawang was established in 2008 by Directorate of Agriculture with financial assistance provided by Indian Council of Agriculture Research 'ICAR' to improve production and evaluation of technology to increase the Agricultural and allied sector produce in the district of Tawang.
Focus Areas of Krishi Vigyan Kendra Tawang
1. Conducting OFTs and FLD for assessment of technologies.
2. Capacity building programmes for farmers, rural youth and extension functionaries by conducting vocational training, skill development training and HRD programmes.
3. Empowerment of the farm women by formation and implimenting self help groups(SHGs).
4. Publication of newsletters, research papers, technical bulletins, CDs, leaflets, pamphlets and folders etc.
5. Conduct participatory Rural Appraisal(PRA) for problem identification.
6. Participate in Radio talk, TV talks ect. publish articles in News papers>
7. Organize kisan mela, kisan Gosthi, exhibition etc.
8. Organize field visits for farmers, rural youths, extension functionaries and exposure visits to the farmers .
9. Organize the vacination and animal health care camp.
10. Existing and developing farming system.
11. Database generation of agri and allied sectors.