Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Tawang was established in 2008 by Directorate of Agriculture with financial assistance provided by Indian Council of Agriculture Research 'ICAR' to improve production and evaluation of technology to speeden up the Agricultural produce in the district of Tawang.
Krishi Vigyan Kendra Tawan in presently situated temporarily in a rented house at M.G Road, Kargil colony which is 2km away from Tawang Old Market and 0.5km away from the D.C office.
The Proposed site for permanent establishment of KVK, Tawang office is at Regional Foundation Seed Potato Farm, Changpu which is 4Km (Approx) away from Tawang Old Market.
Focus Areas of Krishi Vigyan Kendra Tawang
1. Conducting OFTs and FLD for refinement of technologies.
2. Organizing training for farmers, rural youth, extension functionaries.
3. Formating of selfhelp groups(SHG).
4. Publication of newsletters, leaflets,pamphlets ect.
5. Conduct participatory Rural Appraisal(PRA) for problem identification.
6. Participate in Radio talk, TV talks ect. publish articles in News papers>
7. Organize kisan mela, kisan Gosthi, exhibition etc.
8. Organize field trips or exposure visit to farmers, rural youths, extension function etc.
9. Vacination and animal health care camp.
10. Documentation of existing farming system.
11. Database generation of agri and allied sectors.